National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in Government and private medical colleges as well as deemed universities across the country. Earlier, all the states had their respective state entrance exam for admission into the medical colleges. NEET, previously known as AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test), has brought all the colleges under the purview of one single exam. This means increased number of seats as well as increased competition. There are almost 95,000 under NEET for MBBS and BDS courses all over the country. Scoring high increases your chance of getting into the best medical colleges in the country (except AIIMS which conducts its own entrance exam). So, how to ensure high score in NEET?
Preparation Tips For NEET 2018
Cracking competitive entrance exams like NEET needs more than just having in-depth knowledge of all the concepts and topics in the syllabus. You must have a well-defined, well-structured, smart study plan in order to ace this exam. While having detailed knowledge about all the topics in the syllabus of NEET is a must, you need to work upon other aspects of a successful test-taking process as well, like time management, question selection, exam-taking strategy.
- First, set your goals. Which college do you want?
- Paste the latest copy of the syllabus on the wall in front of your table.
- Create a realistic timetable. Allocate time for all the subjects based on your strength. Allocate some time for leisure and entertainment too. This will freshen up your mind and help you concentrate more. Do not study for long hours at a stretch. Stick to the timetable.
- Start from the scratch. Having the basic understanding of all the topics in your syllabus is a must. Without having a proper understanding of the basics, you won’t be able to solve advanced and more difficult problems of which NEET consists. Start off with the NCERT standard books for Class 11 and 12. Once you have finished them, try out more advanced books. Check out the best books for NEET preparation.
- Take down notes and formulas as you study. Remember them by heart.
- List out the important and extremely important chapters and topics for all the subjects. Most of your energy should be spent there. You should not spend your valuable time on something which is of less importance.
- Practice regularly. Embibe provides free practice sets for all the subjects. It contains more than 200 questions for each topic and subtopic. These questions have been selected from previous years’ question papers as well as from the best books for NEET preparation as recommended by scholars.
- Work on your weaknesses. You need to dedicate more time on your weaknesses and practice more on those topics and concepts. Mark the concepts/topics/questions which you find difficult.
- Take full-length mock tests regularly. It helps to learn how to manage time effectively and efficiently. It also helps in getting you used to the tension and pressure of taking a test. Neet answer key provides full-length mock tests for NEET which are of the same difficulty level as the actual exam.
- Revise. Even if you are confident about a particular chapter/concept/topic, you should go back, revise and practice.Assessing yourself is a must at every step of your preparation. This helps you to identify your key weaknesses and improve them. It also helps to improve your time management skills and exam-taking strategy. neet results provides personal mentoring that looks after the overall development of the student.